The Mill Museum’s annual Hallowe’en live shows, Nightmare on Main: Villains: Madness, Mayhem, … Murder, may be over, but Nightmare lives on in the form an exhibition and several other Hallowe’en-themed events.
- From now through Sunday, November 17, the Museum’s main exhibit room features a daytime exhibition, Villains and Criminology: Madness, Mayhem, and Murder: Crimes of the Nineteenth Century, about some famous villains and their evil deeds. Villains and Criminology is open during the Museum’s normal visiting hours (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.) and is included as part the Museum’s regular admission. And all of our regular exhibits will be back online.
- A Walktober Walking Tour of St. Joseph Cemetery in Willimantic, CT. While Willimantic’s Victorian Old Willimantic Cemetery contains the tombs of the mill owners and politicians (among many others), St. Joseph Cemetery features the graves of many of the mill workers, along with Civil War soldiers, and blue-collar politicians like the celebrated Danny Dunn. A Roman Catholic cemetery, St. Joseph Cemetery tells a story of ethnic diversity and working class struggle in a Connecticut mill town. The tour will be led by Windham Co-Town Historian Jamie Eves. Saturday, October 19, 1:00 p.m. Free and open to the public. Meet at the cemetery on Club Road in Willimantic.
- Windham-Willimantic Cemetery Crawl. Led by Bev York. This month’s Mill of the Month visits the cemeteries of the mill town of Willimantic and neighboring communities. Saturday, October 26. Meet at noon at the Mill Museum. $8.00 admission, $5.00 for members.
- Villains: The Rest of the Story! For this month’s Museum Lyceum, Bev “Paul Harvey” York presents an illustrated talk about the themes behind this year’s Nightmare on Main. Whether you attended one of the live performances or not, you will enjoy this overview about the criminals and the outcomes of their stories. Sunday, Oct. 27, 4:00 p.m. $5.00 admission (free to members of the Nightmare cast).
- Hallowe’en-themed Trivia Night at the Willimantic Brewing Company (a.k.a. Willibrew Pub, 967 Main St., Willimantic, CT). Led by the Museum’s own Bev York. Bring a team, or join a team. Gift cardprizes. Proceeds will benefit the Mill Museum. Monday, Oct. 28, 8:00 p.m., at Willibrew.
- Trick or Treat on Main Street. The Mill Museum joins with other Willimantic businesses and organizations in Trick or Treat on Main Street, Main Street, Willimantic. Visit our table at the historic Foot Bridge. See thousands of children in costume. Come in costume yourself. See what crazy costumes our volunteers will be wearing. Thursday, October 31, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- More Trivia! Mystery History Trivia and Spelling Bee at the Mill Museum with Bev York. Popcorn provided. BYOB. Friday, November 1, at 7:00 p.m. at the Museum.